The Michigan Park Citizens Association has as long history of philanthropy. In 1952, MPCA formed a special committee to raise funds to help Providence Hospital construct a new facility on Twelfth and Varnum Streets N.E.
Mrs. Edward A. Kane, Secretary of the committee, reported that the fundraising effort had a wonderful response, with about 500 contributions – most of which were $1 to $3 each, but totaling $1,600.00. Donations were solicited door-to-door throughout the Michigan Park neighborhood by committee members.
On December 1, 1952, the Michigan Park Citizens Association presented a check to Sister Mary Celeste, Administrator, Providence Hospital, in the amount of $1,600.10 ($13,967.18 in 2012 dollars) toward the construction of the new hospital building.