May 21, 2021
Letter from the Mayor
On Saturday, May 1, more than 1,000 volunteers came out to help neighbors across DC make a plan to get vaccinated. Tomorrow, we will canvass the city again — at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. — and we want you to join us. Now that we have enough vaccine for every resident who wants one, we know that many vaccinations will happen because of conversations between friends, family, and neighbors. Joining us for the Day of Action is an opportunity to share your experience with getting vaccinated with neighbors who might still have questions or concerns.
While we’re out, we’ll make sure people know:
- All people 12 and older are eligible to take the vaccine
- The vaccines are safe, free, and available at walk-up sites across DC
- Now that most capacity limits and restrictions have been lifted in DC, being vaccinated is the best way to protect yourself against COVID-19 while enjoying all DC has to offer
We will also share information about how residents can get help paying rent and utility bills through the STAY DC program. We need any resident struggling to pay their bills to know that through STAY DC they can get:
- 12 months of back rent paid
- 3-6 months of forward rent paid
- utility (gas, water, and electricity) bills paid
If you want to help us spread the word, go to bit.ly/dayofactiondcand sign up for a canvassing shift.