The mayor has published the following information regarding unemployment benefits
- For those independent contractors who have gotten a financial lifeline from Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) payments, those payments will END on Sept. 4. This is because federal funding through the American Rescue Plan STOPS for PUA.
- For those on UI:
- the $300 added to weekly benefits ENDS
- the Mixed Earner UI program ENDS
- the extension of UI for the pandemic known as PEUC (Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation) ENDS
- As of today Monday Aug 30 2021, the work search requirement goes back into place. The council actually passed this on emergency earlier this month.
- Legal Aid Society of DC has put together an excellent one-pager that is attached. DOES and US Dept of Labor (DOL) have also put a fact sheet together which is attached here as well. Finally, DOES has launched a new unemployment compensation website, so attached is a press release from DOES on that.
For those claimants who need assistance with escalation of their UI claims or if you need assistance with STAY DC applications, please contact our office at 202-724-8028.
The new DC unemployment web site is found at: unemployment.dc.gov